How is Thermoskin applied?
Thermoskin is sprayed through a portable automatic spray system. Store Thermoskin liquid at 10 deg C or above to minimize spray head blockages which will reduce performance.
Endeavour to put rails or panels up to the spray unit to ensure only one sheep enters the unit at a time. This ensures total coverage of the animal and maximizes performance of the product.
Procedure to operate the Thermoskin Spray Unit:
- Fill Holding tank on machine with Thermoskin liquid through the filter and then reseal tank.
- Open breather valve situated on top of tank.
- Turn valve on base of tank to allow liquid to pump.
- Take off all spray head cover caps (8 in total) and ensure spray nozzles are clean. Wipe over with a methylated spirits treated cloth. Keep spray nozzles clean as product forms a skin/film in contact with air.
- Connect the 240 volt power to the socket on the unit.
- Turn on machine with return valve open for a minute, then turn return valve off.
- All nozzles should start to spray a fine mist.
- Turn off machine and wipe all nozzles with methylated spirits.
- Machine remains off until ready to use. Turn machine on just prior to sheep entering.
Procedure to shut down the Thermoskin Spray Unit:
- Turn power off, and then disconnect 240V lead.
- Close off the breather valve.
- Turn off the valve on liquid line to pump.
- Turn off valve on return to tank line.
- Wipe spray nozzles with methylated spirit soaked rag and replace spray head cover caps.
- High pressure clean if required.
MUST NOT RUN PUMP DRY - Ensure sufficient liquid in supply tank, otherwise pump will be damaged.